Saturday 20 April 2013

A few Elf buys...


Hello all,

I recently got a few bits from Elf again, and I like them all a lot so i thought I would share these beauties with you!


I only got 8 things, and at the time they had 50% off which is always useful! So, what did I get?


I love Elf brushes. I think they are brilliant quality, especially the basic range which are all £1.50 each. So I picked up the Eyelash and brow wand, which is something I had needed in my makeup brush collection for a while! I got this just to use to brush through my eyebrows before and after penciling them in. I've used it a couple of times since I got it, and it's really easy to work with, so I'm very happy with that. They also do little disposable ones which could come in use if you want to use them for travelling.


The other brush I got was an Eye shadow brush, which was again £1.50. I always need/use eye shadow brushes, so I thought I could do with another one. Last time I ordered from Elf I got a eye shadow brush from the studio collection (which are a little bit more expensive at £3.75, I think..), and I thought I'd see if the basic range eye shadow brush is similar quality to the studio one. And they are basically the same, apart from looking different. So I know now that the basic range of brushes are just as good quality as the studio range. But as for the brush I got, it's good quality and brilliant for applying eye shadow to the crease line.


I also picked up the Mineral Foundation Powder in Light, which was £5. This was something that was a re-purchase, as I really like to use this powder over my foundation for a more tanned look (preferably when I'm wearing fake tan). You don't get a lot of product in the pot, but it looks stunning on, and seeing as it had 50% off anyway, I couldn't resist!



I picked up one of the Shimmering Facial Whips in Spotlight, and this was £1.50. I have tried this product in a pink colour before, but found the colour and shimmer formula spit. I really liked the shimmer of the product though and thought I would try the white colour to use as a highlighter, and the consistency of this one seems a lot better and so far hasn't spit!



Now I have a seriously bad addiction to blushers, so it's no surprise I brought one of the studio blushes, as these are fantastic quality/great pigmentation! This was in the shade Candid Coral and was £3.75. This is a very light nude colour with coral hints, and is matte so has no shimmer at all. I think this would look great in warmer weather with natural makeup, so this is a blush I'm looking forward to wearing in the summer.



I also picked up one of the baked blushers in Passion Pink and this was £3.75. I have tried one of these blushers before and they are lovely and shimmery. This is a gorgeous shimmery baby pink, but it's a shame Elf only do these blushers in 5 different shades, they need more!



Elf also do baked eye shadows at £3.75 each, so I picked up this one in the shade Toasted. This is really pigmented, and shimmery too. It's like a bronzed gold/brown, and looks great for day to day makeup. Again there are not many shades to choose from with these eye shadows  but I'm hoping they do more shades in the future.


The final thing I got was the Wet gloss lash and brow clear mascara, which was £1.50. This is again, another repurchase. I absolutely love this clear gloss, I use it to set my eyebrows and both ends are basically the same product so you can use both for your brows. And at £1.50 it's a brilliant bargain and lasts for ages.

You can buy Elf at: http://eyeslipsface.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment