Sunday 3 November 2013

Brush review | dupes for Sigma and Real Techniques


Hi!
Today I'm going to be doing a review of some brushes I brought recently. I got the set of eight brushes off eBay for £15, although you can get them cheaper off different sellers (I wanted a seller in the uk). There is four face brushes which I am sure are dupes for a set you can get from sigma, and four eye brushes. It works out at about £1.87 per brush which is fab! I've been using these brushes for 3 weeks now and they have coped really well with everyday use. 


The first one I have is an angled face brush which I have been using to apply blusher. These brushes are so soft and gentle on the face, you would think they are a lot more expensive than they are! This brush is the perfect angle for applying blush to the cheek bones, but would also be fab for an everyday foundation brush!


Next is a round top brush which is a perfect dupe for my real techniques buffing brush! This is my favourite brush out of the lot! I use it everyday to apply my foundation, as previously I was using the real techniques one! It leaves my makeup looking flawless and really works exactly the same as the real techniques one!


Next is a pointed foundation brush, but I have been using this to contour. It's the perfect shape to get a sharp contoured line and if you apply too much product when contouring, because the brush is so versatile it also is brilliant for buffing out harsh lines! This brush would also be great for foundation.


My favourite dupe out of them all is this flat top brush which is an exact dupe for my sigma flat top kabuki brush! And what's even better is the sigma brush on its own is the exact same price that this whole set of brushes cost me - bargain! This brush is amazing for buffing in thick foundations and also buffing out bronzer/blush if you've over applied too much product! It feels exactly the same as the sigma brush and works the same too! 


Now we move onto the eye brushes. This  brush is a small fluffy brush and is perfect for applying eyeshadow and buffing out colour in the crease line. It's super soft and does the job perfectly! 


This brush is a smaller version of the flat top face brush. I have been using this for concealer! Usually I don't bother with brushes for concealer but this one is amazing. It packs the product onto your face and leaves you looking flawless. I wouldn't use this brush any other way!


This brush is a fluffy angled brush - perfect for eyeshadow! This is great for general eyeshadow application and also for application in the crease line.


The final brush is a pointed eye brush. I have been using this for eyeshadow application in the crease line and also for precise application (under bottom lashes). This is also great for highlighting the brow bone and packing on glitter!

Overall I really would recommend these brushes! They are great for someone like me who is on a budget but wants some cheap decent quality brushes. They will also be great for people just starting out with makeup! They are so cheap and great quality. You can use them for so many different things. So many sellers sell these on eBay so they are really easy to get hold of. I also noticed people selling the four face brushes seperatly and also as a mini set. You can get them cheaper than I did, but I wanted them from a uk seller so I didn't have to wait too long for them to be delivered! But they have lasted so well. So far using them for 3 weeks and they have had no fallout from the bristles and after washing them they felt as soft as when I first got them! 

3 comments:

  1. hiya hun,

    would you be able to give me the link for these?xx

    maybe you can check me out too?

    http://traceysbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiya :)
      here is the link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kabuki-Makeup-8-Piece-Brush-Set-Foundation-blending-brush-ONLY-14-99-UK-SELLER-/231120101318?
      xx

      Delete