Saturday 22 February 2014

ELF HD Mattifying Cream Foundation | Review



Today I have a review on a new foundation I purchased from ELF! As a huge lover of ELF makeup, I love to try out their new products and always take advantage when they have 50% off! I brought the HD Mattifying Cream foundation, as it is a fairly new product out that I haven't tried yet.



This foundation is £7, and comes in a selection of different shades. I got mine in the shade 'Sand' which is a perfect match for me. I have tried the Flawless Finish Foundation, and wasn't really impressed with that. The coverage was brilliant, but the smell of the product was awful and it was very heavy and oily on the skin. I was hoping that this HD cream foundation, would be different. Although I will admit, I was kind of expecting it to be the same as the flawless finish foundation!
Now, onto what the product claims to do! It claims to be an oil free foundation that is lightweight and perfect for normal to oily skin types. The cream to powder formula is meant to minimize fine lines, and leave you with a natural long lasting matte finish.





You get a sponge with the product but I chose to apply it using a round topped face brush. I found the consistency of the product to be very creamy, and almost a little oily, which I was immediately worried at after the problems with the flawless finish foundation which also claimed to be oil free! But once you start blending the product onto the skin, it applies with ease and seems to go onto the skin so smoothly. I found one layer wasn't quite enough for me, but after two layers it looked beautiful! Although its meant to be a matte finish foundation, it did have a slight dewy finish to it, but nothing too over the top. In fact, it gave my skin a beautiful healthy glow! I didn't apply any powder to set it, I just used a tiny bit of concealer and then bronzed/added blush as usual. I was really happy with the colour of the product, it wasn't orange and looked so natural on my skin!




One of the main things I was impressed with this foundation, was how light it felt on my skin! When I tried the flawless finish foundation (which is ELF's liquid foundation), it felt extremely heavy and oily on my skin, even though it was oil free. But this cream foundation felt so light and didn't feel sticky on the skin, nor heavy! I love the finish the product gave to my skin, I really was taken hugely by surprise! 




I wasn't going to get too excited about this product until I'd seen how it lasted throughout the day, but honestly, it looked just the same as I'd applied it after a good 6 hours wear! I hadn't set the foundation with powder either, it had lasted that long all by itself. I really can't fault the lasting power of this product, it's brilliant! I do get dry skin, and I found it didn't cling to it. I also get oily around the nose area and most foundations will wear off around this area throughout the day, but this one didn't! I really can't fault this foundation, I had no problems with it at all!

I only have two concerns. Firstly, you get 9.5g of product which to the eye, doesn't look a lot. I just worry that this will be a product that will run out quickly. But at £7 it is a very reasonably priced foundation. And ELF usually have 50% off, or some sort of offer on, so you can get it cheaper. I will be looking out for the 50% off again so I can stock up on it!
Secondly, the shade I got was the second to lightest shade, so for people with really pale skin, you probably won't be able to get this foundation as it could be too dark for you.
I can't really comment on how this product will work for people with acne and scarring. But I would say this product gives a good medium coverage after two layers. 
If you have dry or oily skin, I believe this will be ok for you, as it worked well with my dry areas and my oily bits!

Overall, I think this foundation is fabulous! I really like it a lot, and I love the fact I was expecting to be a failure, but I think I could of just found my new favourite foundation! I really love it! I will be repurchasing this a lot, and will 100% recommend it!
Find this foundation at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment