Saturday 15 February 2014

L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream (Anti-Redness) | Hit or Miss







 
Hello all!
 Today I am going to be reviewing a product I picked up last week and have been trying out over the past few days, and that is the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream. Last summer I purchased the BB cream from the same Nude Magique range, and it was a huge staple product in my summer makeup routine - I adored it! The current harsh weather at the moment in the UK has left my skin feeling dry, and also a lot more paler than it was in the summer! Being naturally pale skinned, I also get a lot of redness, and until recently was using a full coverage foundation to cover it up. I decided to get searching for a product that could help me out, and that is when I came across the CC Cream! And seeing as I had go on so well with the BB cream in the summer, I thought it could possibly be a life saver!
 
 
So, a little about the CC cream. It costs around £9.95 from Boots, and they do the CC creams in 3 different types: Anti-redness, anti-fatigue and anti-dullness. Naturally I brought the anti-redness one seeing as that was one of the main issues I wanted to combat with my skin. Unlike the BB cream, you can only buy the CC cream in one shade, whereas the BB cream you could get one for light skin, tanned skin, etc.
It claims to transform into a lightweight foundation, and neutralise redness to give a perfect nude look. It also claims to give flawless coverage, even out skin texture, give a dewy glow, and give 24hour hydration. It also has SPF 20.




Firstly, the packaging is the same as the BB cream. It comes in a tube with a nozzle, so its quick and easy to use, as well as being easy to control how much product you get out of the tube. You get 30ml of product, which is the same as a normal foundation. The product comes out a green colour, and has little beads in it. When you start to rub the product in, the green transforms into a foundation. The product isn't thick, and doesn't feel heavy at all on the skin. It feels light and almost like you are not wearing any product at all - which I like a lot! I didn't find that the product gave my skin hydration, however wearing it all day, it didn't dry out my skin either.

The colour of the product was my main issue. Although it seemed to match my skin colour very well, it just looked so odd because it's so ORANGE!! It was not a natural skin colour at all, and even though it seemed to match my skin colour very well, it was too orange and just looked unnatural. Having read reviews on this product, the orangeness of it seems to be a problem for a lot of people. In photo's it doesn't look too bad at all, but in real life it doesn't even represent a natural skin colour at all, which was very disappointing. I think perhaps if they went in the same direction as they did with the BB cream and made different shades for different skin tones, then I'm sure they'd have a lot more success with the product. But one shade for all would never work, because everyone has a different skin tone!





The coverage on the product wasn't too great either. It claims to give a buildable lightweight coverage, but I found my redness still showed through and I needed to over apply concealer to help cover up what the CC cream hadn't managed to. I don't have that bad skin, I rarely suffer from break-outs and my skin isn't overly oily. But I found this didn't cover up enough, even after two layers. I'm usually a one-layer girl, so if after two layers a product still doesn't cover up enough, it gets a thumbs down from me and I won't use it. I also found the product went on quite patchy in some areas and it didn't really give much of a dewy look as it promised. It wasn't flawless and it didn't give me an even skin texture. The only good thing it did do with the overall finish of it was last a long time on the skin. It didn't wear off the skin even after a good 8 hours wear.

Overall, I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this product. It's not as great as it claims, and L'Oreal really need to work on a lot of things with this product. It wouldn't work at all for you if you suffer from redness, acne or scarring. The only way I can see myself using this again is if I have super clear skin in the summer time, and with more of a tan too!! But for the future I would rather stick with the BB cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment