Sunday 10 August 2014

August Birchbox | What's inside?


Yesterday I received the August Birchbox in the post, and I thought you might like to see what came in this months box! I haven't tried anything out yet (apart from swatching), but I am happy with what I got and am excited to start using the products!


The theme of this months box is 'Away we go!', so basically it has a theme of going away on summer holidays! My products came in this see-through makeup bag, which I think is going to be really handy to use for travelling, or just to use as a makeup bag!


The first product I got was the Nude Progenius Omega treatment oil, which retails at a whopping £58 full size. This is just an intensely nourishing oil to help add moisture back into the skin. Which of course is always handy!




The next thing I got was the Chella highlighter pencil which retails at £15.95. This is to use to highlight on the brow bone, cheekbones & inner corners of the eyes. I would use this on the brow bone, but not on the cheeks or eyes as it's too pink for that. But I think this will be great to define the brows.



I then got the Number 4 super comb prep & protect spray, which is a leave in conditioning spray. It detangles, and protects again heat & sun damage. This retails at £20 a bottle. I think this will be really handy to try out. My hair is always dry and get tangled easily. So I'm excited to see if this will be a product I could purchase the full size of.


Next up is the Vasanti Brightenup! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, which is £26 full price. This is an exfoliator for the face, which I am very happy at getting. My face gets very dry, and always needs to be exfoliated. I love trying out new skincare products, so I am going to get some use out of this one!


The final product I got was the Supergoop! CC cream. I got 2 samples of this, and it came in the shade 'light-medium'. This is £32 for the full size. I am really liking lightweight foundations & BB creams at the moment, as they are perfect for the summer! So this is a product I am excited to try out. It's a shade adjusting CC cream with SPF 35! I've never heard of this brand before so I am intrigued to see if this CC cream is any good.

I also got a mini book called The Proposal, by Tasmina Perry. It's only the first chapter of the book. It's worth a look at though, as a book is a much needed item for a holiday!

If you got the Birchbox, what items did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment