Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Bodyshop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter Review


I'm not usually one for buying products just because a lot of bloggers/youtubers have been raving about them, but recently I decided to give the camomile sumptuous cleansing butter from the bodyshop a go. I'd seen quite a few people raving about this product, which is meant to be used to take off your makeup. It sounded interesting and I took advantage of a special offer the bodyshop had at the time, and brought it!



I usually use a combination of makeup wipes (yes I know, makeup wipes aren't the best for taking off makeup!), and also the Loreal Micellar water, to take off my makeup. I wanted to venture into the skincare world a bit more, and try different products for taking off my makeup. Preferably ones that will add moisture back into my skin & not dry it out! This product sounded good. It sounded quick & easy to use, as well as a bit moisturisng for the skin. I have been trying it out for the last few days, and have mixed feeling on it at the moment! I am currently 50/50 on this product. It does have some good bits about it, but also some bits I'm not so keen on. 

Firstly, you get a good amount of product for your money. You get 90ml for £12, and you also don't really need to use that much product on your face, which is always a good thing! The smell of the product is absolutely divine! It smells so fresh & is a scent that I could keep on smelling forever! As for the texture of the product - it feels quite greasy, but that is expected, seeing as it is a butter! But it has quite a light texture, and very easy to apply.

You apply the product to your skin, and then start massaging it into the skin. It is meant to 'melt away your makeup'. And then you can wash the product off one of two ways. Either by just using cold water, or you can use a flannel to wipe away the makeup. I have tried both ways, and I prefer to use a flannel. With washing away the makeup with cold water, it is refreshing & also easy to do, but I found I still had makeup on my skin, and needed to take the excess makeup off with my Micellar water afterwards. It is also quite messy too! However, the best technique would be to use a flannel or some kind of cloth, as it will get rid of everything on your face! It seems to work a lot better with this product,

The actual process of the makeup removal is really quick! It does seem to just 'melt' away. It can be a tad bit messy, which is one of the issues I have with using this product. Instead of the usual makeup removal where you would swipe the makeup off your face, with this you are rubbing it into the skin. That means you will get eyeshadow, mascara, all mixed in with foundation...which is fine, seeing as you will be taking the makeup off seconds later, but it is messy. Your hands will also be covered in the melted makeup greasy mess, which is something I dislike, as well as the feeling of smeering your makeup all over your face.

Other than that, it does a good job. And I've heard so many good things about this product. It is a good idea and does also work well, but I feel for me, it's too messy & I feel uncomfortable doing it. I much prefer to swipe away my makeup during its removal, rather than smeering it everywhere. I feel like this is a product that will get mixed reviews. I personally don't dislike it enough to completely stop using it, however once I have finished it, I don't think I will repurchase it. It's just not my cup of tea!

Have you tried this product? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment