Saturday 10 December 2016

December Birchbox 2016! What did I get?


So it's that time of the month for my Birchbox arrival! And I was extra excited for this months box as it is the December box, and I always feel like the December boxes are the best!


This months box was very sleek, with a different style of opening it compared to the usual boxes. I did feel like the box itself wasn't very christmassy, and I would of liked to have had some kind of Christmas design on the box.


Inside the box, you get your usual magazine that has all the info about your products in your box, as well as tips and tricks. The products themselves came in a cute little burgundy drawstring bag, which I liked a lot.

So now onto the products that I got!


                                   

                                   

In my box this month I got 5 products. The first item was this Fierce Flicks felt tip eyeliner from Ciate London. I was very excited to see this product in my box, not only because its a full size product, but also because I'm loving felt tip eyeliners at the moment. 
This eyeliner retails for £15, which is already worth more than the value of the whole box! This is why I love Birchbox, you get so much for your money!
The eyeliner swatches beautifully, and seems like it's going to be perfect for creating the ultimate sharp winged eyeliner! The felt tip feels sturdy, yet flexible, and isn't too thick either.

                                 

Next in my box I got the Percy & Reed Hair Wonder Balm, which is a 30ml sample size. This retails for £18 full sized, and is a multi use product that claims to moisturise, boost shine, smooths, softens, protects and speeds up styling of the hair. I haven't tried this product as of yet, but I am excited to see what it has to offer.


                                 

I got a skincare item from Dr Brandt, which is the PoreDermabrasion. This product claims to unclog pores, even out skin tone, and give your complexion a brighter finish. This is a little 0.25oz sample size, and retails for a whopping £43 full price!! I'm always interested in trying out new products to help with my pores, so I'm hoping this will be a winner.


                                  

                                  

One product that I was most excited to see was this sample of the Benefit Dew the Hoola. I've seen this product floating around on YouTube a lot over the past few months, and I'm intrigued to see if its worth the hype! This retails for £22.50 full price, and is a liquid version of the famous Hoola Bronzer. I own the powder Hoola bronzer and absolutley love it. Swatching this liquid version, I have to say I'm not so convinced so far. The colour does look very orange when swatched, despite the powder Hoola being more cool toned. However, for the summer it could be a great product to use.



The final product that I got in my box was the Caviar eyeshadow stick from Laura Mercier. This is in the shade Amethyst, and I absolutely adore this! This product retails for £22 full sized, and is a gorgeous bronzy, purple colour. I love cream eyeshadows as they are so easy to wear. This one feels buttery to apply, and the pigmentation is amazing. I know this is going to become a big favourite of mine, so I may have to buy the full size soon!


That is all of my goodies in my December Birchbox. I really love all the items that I got, although I do wish the box itself was a little bit more Christmassy! If you got a Birchbox this month, let me know what products you got and what you think of them!

Thank you for reading x



No comments:

Post a Comment