Sunday 25 June 2017

Sleek Distorted Dreams Highlighting Palette Review & Swatches


Hello all!

I make my return back to blogging with a post about a highly anticipated new highlighting palette from the brand Sleek.
Sleek is a UK brand, which can be found in Boot's and Superdrug. They also have a website as well, which they do ship internationally from - http://www.sleekmakeup.com/uk
The brand used to be well known for their amazing eyeshadow palettes, but more so recently they have been putting out some amazing highlighting palettes, which has led to international success. Oh, and did I mention that their products are also affordable!

One of the brands most famous products is their Solstice highlighting palette, which has gained many fans around the world. If you like a blinding highlight, I would highly recommend that you check that one out!

Recently they jumped on the bandwagon with the new holographic trend that has been hugely popular over the last few months with different makeup brands. We've seen huge success with brands like Anastasia Beverly Hills releasing holographic highlighting palettes, so when I heard that Sleek was going to bring out their own holographic palette, needless to say I was very excited!

I was not the only one to be very excited, as many hoped for amazing things after the success of the Solstice palette.

The new palette is called 'Distorted Dreams', and retails for £10.99 in the UK. The palette has gorgeous outer packaging, a reflective silver design which can easily be used as a mirror! The palette does have a mirror inside, which I do have to say is probably one of the best mirrors to come in a palette that I've ever had!




There are 5 holographic shades in the palette, 2 powder and 3 cream. Upon first glances, the colours are very pretty. You get a pink and a gold shade in the powder finish. And for the cream you get a pink, blue, and green.




The palette just seemed like it was going to be perfect, but that was until I started swatching the products!

I first swatched the powders, which didn't seem to give off much pigment at all. You had to do a double swatch to get the colours to show up. The pink powder was definitely more worse than the gold, but both really were not spectacular at all.

The cream shades did seem to pick up more pigment, however you still need need to do a double swatch to get them the swatch nicely. The creams also felt very greasy in texture, and seem to slide around a lot. One thing I did notice with them, was that when you swatched them, they seemed like the creams contained a lot of chunky glittery pigment which nearly always stuck to one area when swatched.



The first two shades shown swatched are the powders, followed by the creams.

Of course I wanted to give the product a good chance, as sometimes when you swatch things, they can look completely different on the skin.
But even still, I found the products hard to work with on the face. The powders didn't show up, and the creams felt greasy and like they could easily move your foundation base.
The one way I did get to create a decent highlight was to layer a powder over the top of the cream highlights.

Overall I was very disappointed with this palette. I did expect so much more from it, especially after the Solstice palette which just slays everything!
It almost felt like Sleek rushed to create the palette, as the products themselves felt very poor in quality. 

For me, this is a palette that I will not be recommending.
Have you tried this palette yet? If so, let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment