Wednesday 28 June 2017

Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette Review & Swatches


Another day, another holographic palette. I am so in love with the latest trend of holographic makeup. Whether it be eyeshadows or highlighters, I'm just into it all!

If you haven't seen my last post, I reviewed the new holographic highlighting palette from Sleek, but today I am going to be reviewing the Alchemist holographic palette from Kat Von D!

I have been a huge fan of Kat Von D for a long time, and more so of her amazing makeup brand, which we can get here in the UK from Debenhams - http://www.debenhams.com/

When I heard about her holographic palette, I was very excited. Originally the palette was an exclusive only for Sephora, so when it came out in Debenhams, I snatched it up straight away. The palette is limited edition, and retails for £22.50 in the UK, and I am unsure how long it will be available for. It contains 4 holographic shades, which can be used as lip toppers, eyeshadow, or highlight.




The packaging of the palette is just beautifully designed. As with so many of Kat's products, she designs the packaging herself and puts so much time and effort into it.
One thing I was quite surprised about, was how small the palette actually is. In size comparison, it is slightly smaller than my hand, and the size of the pans within the palette are an average eyeshadow pan size.

I do have to say that I was originally put off by the size, as I felt like the price was quite high for the amount of product that you get. But upon trying the shades out, I do now think the price is reasonable for the quality of the powders, and also how little amount of product that you actually need to use.





Shades shown left - right: Emerald, Saphyre, Amethyst, Opal.

The powders swatch beautifully, and as you can see from the pictures, are very pigmented! They pick up a lot of pigment, so you really only need a tiny amount as a little goes a long way. They also feel very creamy, and blend really well.

I feel like the colours in the palette are very versatile, so look lovely as a highlight, as well as a eyeshadow. 

Overall I think the palette is a great purchase. If you like holographic shades that whack a punch, then I think this is a palette well worth adding to your makeup collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment