Sunday 9 July 2017

MUA LUXE Velvet Matte Lipstick Review & Swatches


Today's review is going to be of the newly released Velvet Matte Lipsticks by the MUA LUXE range. I saw these new lipsticks recently on the Superdrug website, and for a bargain price of only £3 each, I thought it was worth buying one to try out. 

In the past I've tried the Velvet Matte Lip Lacquers, which are amazing! So I was hoping for good things from these new lipsticks too!





First off, the packaging of the lipstick is beautiful! It looks high end, and has nice weight to it too. I did notice that my lipstick was a little bit stubborn to open and shut, but that may be just an issue with the lipstick I got.

The actual lipstick bullet has a pretty design on it, but it is quite thin so it does feel like the lipstick could easily snap. The shade I got was 11, which is a pretty peachy nude colour. I was impressed with the shade range available, as there were a lot of shades to choose from, and all seemed to be really lovely colours.




When I swatched the product, the first thing I noticed was that the consistency of the application was VERY matte. When I think of a 'velvet matte' lipstick, I think of it being not fully matte, and having a little bit of moisture to it. But this finish is a very drying matte finish, and it makes the product difficult to apply. I did notice that the lipstick bunched up in certain areas, probably because it was so matte.



On the lips the colour looks very pretty. But you can see that the finish is very drying, and the product settles into every line on your lips. You also have to apply two layers to get a good finish. The lipstick didn't feel too bad to wear. It definitely felt dry, but it had a smooth, lightweight feel to it. 

It did seem to last really well on the lips, which I was surprised about.
Overall I don't think I will be buying anymore of these lipsticks. First impressions of it have not been good, and it's put me off wanting to try anymore. Of course it may just be this colour in particular that is not that great in formula. But I would be interested to know if anyone has tried any other shades of these and what they think of them?

Check out these lipsticks on the MUA website - https://www.muastore.co.uk/makeup/lip-makeup/lipstick-113/mualuxe-velvet-matte-lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment