Wednesday 5 July 2017

Tanya Burr My Escape Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches


Today I am going to be reviewing and swatching Tanya Burr's 'My Escape' eyeshadow palette. In the past I've tried a few of Tanya's products, but I've never tried her eyeshadow's before, so I was excited to see what they were like!




The palette retails for £5.99, so is very affordable. The packaging is a little bit chunky, but still very pretty. Inside there is a heart shaped mirror, and you get 4 eyeshadows. I was very excited to try these out as I've heard great things about Tanya's eyeshadows, and also I had seen Pixiwoo do a look using this palette on Youtube - which looked amazing!




The colours in the palette are really pretty. The top 2 colours are shimmers, and the bottom 2 are mattes. I do feel like the 2 matte shades are quite similar, and it doesn't really warrant having both in the palette.




When I swatched the colours, they felt very buttery. But, upon application on the skin, they lacked pigment hugely! When you apply the colours onto the eyes, they are even worse. You really have to build up the layers to get the colours to show up. In the picture below, I applied 3 layers of the green shade (wild jungle) all over the lid. With one layer you could barely see it at all. But even after 3 layers I don't feel like the colour really shows up that well.


I used the matte shades throughout the crease, and they seemed to work a little bit better. But they were a little difficult to blend. The lightest shade (new perspective) was again a colour you needed to build up. I used that one on the inner corners and to highlight the brow bone. 

Overall I think this palette is a huge dissapointment and I would not recommend it. It doesn't put me off trying any of Tanya's other eyeshadow palettes, as I've heard the others are great. This one however, lacks pigment and is not easy to work with.

Have you tried this palette? If so, let me know what you think!

Check out Tanya's products on the Superdrug website - http://www.superdrug.com/microsite/tanya-burr

No comments:

Post a Comment