Saturday 8 September 2012

E.L.F. Makeup Haul Review!

Hello all!

It feels like ages since I last did a blog post! So I'm back with a haul/review of a few E.L.F. goodies I got recently! If you check out my YouTube channel then you'll see the haul video for these items. But I just thought I would do a review on all of the items as I didn't have time to say much about them in the video!!


So the first three items are all from the studio range, which I have not got anything from before! Firstly there is the 'Studio Pout Perfector' which was £3.75. I have to be honest, I still have no clue how to use this properly. I thought it was just a lipgloss that made your lips look fuller, but apparently you dab it on your lips to give a pout effect?? I have tried doing this but it just looks stupid! So if you know how to use this, then please let me know as I feel pretty stupid not knowing how to apply it! It does look very pretty though and is a pretty colour. It would look amazing as a normal lipgloss, but that's all I can really say about it!
Next is the 'Daily Brush Cleaner' which was also £3.75. I thought this would be a bigger bottle, so I was quite dissapointed to see how small it is! Even the Pout Perfector is bigger than it! I am pretty sure that ELF used to do this in a bigger size. Other than that, I do think it is a good product. I'm not sure if I would re-purchase it simpily because of the size, and it also leaves your brushes smelling quite chemical smelling...which isn't pleasant...! The next item is the studio blusher in the shade 'Twinkle Pink' and that was £3.75. I love this blusher and will be 100% re-purchasing this! It's such a gorgeous colour and has nice golden shimmery tones to it. It is so flawless and perfect sized. Totally worth it's money and I would recommend!



Next is the 'All over color stick' in the shade 'Persimmon'. I really do like this item, even though I did think it would be bigger! It was only £1.50 so I can't complain, but it's a nice shimmery light blusher and you don't need to use much of the product to get a decent look. It also would be good as a highlighter too, as it has so much shine to offer! Next to that is the conditioning lip balm in the shade 'Strawberry Creme' and that was £1.50. I think this could of been better, as it is just a basic lip balm. I was expecting it to be an overpowing strawberry scent, but it is quite weak which was a pleasant surprise. It does the job though and keeps my lips soft, plus it's perfect size to carry around daily in your pocket! Next is the 'Zit Zapper'! I love this! It actually works which I wasn't expecting at all! Swipe it over a spot, wake up the next day and it's virtually gone! Only £1.50 too, and you don't need to use much so I can see this product lasting a long time which is always good! But try it out, it's honestly amazing! The final thing there is the 'Plumping Lip Glaze' in the shade 'Oasis' and that was £1.50. The last time I got this lip gloss I loved it from day 1. It really does make your lips look fuller and lasts all day which a must when it comes to lip glosses for me!


I move on to the 'Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara' which was £1.50. This was a 'try it out and see what it's like' product. And I have to say, I do really like it! It sets my eyebrows really well and also doubles as equally great for clear mascara, which is perfect for the summer! Next to that is my 'Dramatic False Eyelashes' which were £1.50. I do really like these by the look of them but unfortunatly I haven't had an occasion to wear them to yet! But they do look great and are so cheap that I really hope they are good as I would prefer to buy them this cheap compaired to normal eyelashes! I think I may do a blog post on different fake eyelashes you can get sometime in the near future, so let me know if you would like to see that! Next is the nail block which was £1.50 and is fab! I really like this and it does wonders for my nails so will buy this again!


These two lipsticks were both £1.50 and were not the same colours I ordered, even though apparently they are, which is typical for elf! But I do like them, they are smooth to apply and such bright, lush colours.

 
 
The first nail varnish here was a free one that I got in a deal, which was the shade 'Desert Haze'. I really like this as it is a nice nude colour which will be perfect to wear to work! Check out my latest YouTube video to see samples of this colour. Next is the Liquid eyeshadow in the shade 'Sultry Satin' and was £1.50. I do like this as it is a nice creamy gold colour. I prefer liquid eyeshadow to normal powder eyeshadow so I'm glad elf do these! And the last nail varnish is in the shade 'Golden Goddess' and was £2.50. I don't really like this. The glitter is nice, but it's meant to be gold and to me just looks like a smokers yellow....YUK!
 
 
 
I love the elf brushes in the basic range, so decided to get two more that I needed. Both £1.50, the foundation and concealer brush. I love them both, they are so soft and give a professional finish.
 
 
 
I decided to get another liquid eyeliner as last time I got stuff from elf I got a dark blue one which I loved. This time I got one in silver which was £1.50. This is reallt good, nice and shiny and easy to apply. Again, as I said with the blue one, I don't like the size of the brush as I think it's too thin, but I can work with it and am maybe going to buy a brush to apply this with instead. The other thing I got was the studio volume mascara which was £3.75. I am not fussed with this at all, it doesn't give volume or length and is just crap. BOOOOO!!
 
 
 
The final thing I have to show you is the shimmering facial whip in the shade 'Persimmon' and was £1.50. This is the same shade as the all over color stick which I didn't realise at first but they do look different. I really like this, It's like a cream and has a nice shimmer to it. Don't need much to apply and give a good effect!
 
 
Anyway that was all I got, hope you enjoyed and let me know what you think!!
Plus please follow my blog!
Thanks and bye x





No comments:

Post a Comment